Monday 15 August 2011

TGC Launch AGK (App Game Kit)


 
 
Well, this product has been in the offing for a while now, but as of today it is officially released. I pre ordered my copy a week or so ago. It did how ever take nearly an hour to get a download slot to retrieve my prize, I guess the bandwidth was taking a hammering over at TGC. I only have had a short time to play with this and go through the examples but it looks fun and relatively easy. The Tier 1 basic is pretty close to Dark Basic Pro which I used to use, and the rest of the syntax is not that dissimilar to Blitzmax or Lua. Tier 2 for this game engine is C++, or what they call native.

"The App Game Kit solves many problems caused by mobile device fragmentation. With it you can code your game once and then deploy your game to multiple platforms. Different resolutions and input systems are all handled by AGK."

Current support at the time of release is for Windows, iOS, MacOS, Samsung Bada and MeeGo with support coming post release for Symbian, Android, Windows Mobile 7 and Blackberry.

I will blog about it more later when I have had a chance to "play".








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites