Sunday 29 August 2010

A* Pathfinding Using Blitzmax And Leadwerks Engine

Following on from:

On The Right Path, A* Pathfinding In Leadwerks.

The Way Forward ... Making Blitzmax Trax ...

I decided to give the testing a few more hours. First off I wanted to create a new NPC Type which would have its own control flags and most importantly its own path storage buffer.

After a little thinking (a little thinking is what I excel at lol) and a few hours of coding and tweaking, I managed to get 32 new NPC Types all pathfinding their individual way around "BlocksVille".





For those interested I will try and get a demo.exe up later onto the showcase thread:

Pathfinding With A*

Demo now added: Hide And Seek Demo 2

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites